It's a....BLOG!

I'm excited to finally send my blog into the blogging world. I have gained tons of inspiration and tools from many wonderful bloggers over the past few year that I wanted to give back as well. 

My blog is definitely a work in progress, but I can cross blog creation off of my summer bucket list. A big thank you goes to my friend Amanda from Primarily Penguins. Her advice and encouraging words has made creating my blog fun and a great learning experience.

About Me
I'm Kimberly! I will begin my 11th year of teaching and 11th year teaching Kindergarten in August! I have been extremely lucky to teach at the same school and in the same grade level my entire career. Each year brings new challenges and learning for me. I am excited to see what the 2015-2016 school year brings.

When I am not teaching, most of the my time is spent with my fur babies. I have a crazy, black cat named Chocolate and an energetic dog named Scout. Chocolate was a rescue who found me in the lobby of my apartment building. Scout was my 30th birthday present to myself (most expensive, but fantastic gift ever!).



My fur babies Chocolate and Scout!
If I am not teaching my kiddos or cuddling my fur babies, then I am probably with my amazing group of family and friends going to the movies, attending a sports events (Go Orioles! Go Ravens!), going to  a concert, or at a family party. 

I was born and raised on the eastern shore of Maryland. I am a country girl at heart, but Baltimore has earned special place in my heart the past few years.
I spend most of the year wearing flip flops. I have tons of different styles and colors. Comfort is what I enjoy the most about my flip flops. Flips flops remind me of the summer and always "flip flopping" to the next adventure with my family and friends. My classroom is the same way. My students and I need to move which makes for a fun day of learning. Sometimes a lesson might flop; however it provides a great learning experience. I hope you will continue to flip through this adventure called blogging with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment